CNC Infection Prevention and Control
Job no: 494019
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
An opportunity exists for an experienced Clinical/Registered Nurse with a current AHPRA nursing registration and qualifications to step into the role of Clinical Nurse Consultant- Infection Management. This position is offered on a full-time permanent basis.
What you’ll be doing
The Mater is committed to creating an organisational culture that values safety, identifies system vulnerabilities, and clearly integrates risk, quality and safety functions and activities. Within this broad context, and at the organisation level of clinical governance, the purpose of this position is to:
- Lead the effective utilisation of contemporary infection management practice throughout the organisation through the development and ongoing improvement of the infection management program.
- Provide nursing leadership within a multi-disciplinary team to effectively guide Mater in meeting its infection management health service obligations including responsibilities associated with the organisation’s immunisation and occupational exposure program.
- Provide expert guidance and mentorship to clinicians focused on the development of services and clinical practice for safe, high-quality, patient-centric healthcare.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- A Bachelor of Nursing or Midwifery or equivalent qualification
- Current registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Minimum of five years’ relevant experience in Infection Management or closely related field
- Relevant post graduate qualification (e.g. Graduate certificate, Graduate Diploma, Masters Degree) or evidence of enrolment in such a program is essential
- Demonstrated competence in the use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with hospital and Infection Management information systems (e.g. Mutiprac)
For further information please contact Dr Anna Sartor, Manager Infection Management on 3163 6561.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14 May 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend