ICT Category Manager
Job no: 494037
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology, Finance, All other
About the role
Mater has an exciting opportunity for an ICT Category Manager to join the team on a full-time fixed-term contract with a view to permanency.
The role of the ICT Category Manager works as part of the Procurement and Supply Chain Operations team to facilitate and manage all aspects of the establishment, coordination, monitoring, administration and renewal of ICT agreements throughout the Mater Ministries.
This role is to support the Digital Technology and Information team at Mater (and provide support to other areas of ITC, Supply Chain Operations or functional areas to meet operational requirements when required).
Salary range: commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
The ICT Category Manager will be responsible for ensuring that procurement processes are adhered to and effectively implemented to support business needs and targets.
Some of your key accountabilities include:
- Provide advice on the development of key governance processes, initiate market research, investigate issues and apply contemporary best practice in procurement practices
- Develop an ICT Category Strategy identifying and quantifying opportunities across planning, execution, performance and risk management of IT hardware, software, peripherals and cloud services
- Undertake supply market analysis for a range of areas of spend with some direction and oversight including undertaking supplier research, developing functional specifications to ensure supply options are not limited and applying different tools/techniques appropriately in different procurement situations
- Lead the ICT Procurement function team to partner with the ICT stakeholder to prepare and plan an appropriate sourcing strategy for every procurement activity based on sound knowledge, research and structure
- Ensure the contracted services are delivered in accordance with the intent of the contract, that risks are identified with appropriate mitigation strategies and contingency measures are planned/agreed to with stakeholders
- Participate in other Supply Chain related activities/projects as directed by Director of Procurement and Supply Chain Operations
As the successful candidate, you will possess the following:
- Extensive experience in procurement and category management in a large and complex/diverse organisation particularly within ICT
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in working with commercial and contract negotiations and contract and supplier management
- Demonstrated contract management experience including interpreting contract terms and managing performance
- Proven engagement, collaboration and negotiation skills with the capability to build, maintain and use relationships with suppliers, customers and stakeholders
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Procurement and/or governance a Business related field
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 9 May 2020.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend