Job no: 494158
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital is currently recruiting for an experienced and motivated Registered Nurses to join our Coronary Care Unit (CCU) within our growing Cardiac Service. This is a permanent position and we can offer either full-time or part-time hours.
The Coronary Care Unit provides care for patients with heart problems requiring cardiac monitoring, interventional procedures and ongoing cardiac rehabilitation. You will be joining a newly designed and located CCU offering state of the art facilities.
Boasting an experienced clinical team, the Mater Hospital CCU is an outstanding addition to Mater’s already impressive list of clinical innovations.
Salary range: $36.32 - $46.67 (Mater Nursing & Midwifery Award Level 1) per hour + superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Joining a busy department that is led by a passionate and innovative Nursing Manager who strongly encourages professional development. The Medical and Nursing staff are specially trained in the care of cardiology patients and provide exceptional care to ensure our patients achieve the best possible outcomes.
Whilst maintaining the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout their disease trajectory
- Demonstrating clinical expertise and knowledge of acute cardiac conditions, 12 lead ECG interpretation and care of patients post cardiac intervention
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
- Working with and supporting colleagues within a highly effective skilled team environment
- Demonstrating a capacity to adapt to innovative models of care and service provision
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Considerable demonstrated experience in adult cardiology
- Proven clinical competency and the ability to maintain the highest standards of nursing care
- Effective communication and clinical problem solving skills to maximise patient care outcomes
- Knowledge and commitment to continuous improvement of health care and nursing practice
Applicants are required to demonstrate expertise and either currently hold or be working towards a post graduate qualification within this clinical speciality.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 23 June 2021.
For further information, please contact Wendy Senior, CNC Adult Cardiology on 07 3163 8567.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend