Job no: 494196
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Springfield is seeking experienced Registered Nurses to join the Medical/Rehabilitation Inpatient Ward on a permanent part-time basis, from 24 hours a week.
Mater Private Hospital Springfield (MPHS) is a contemporary and innovative facility incorporating the latest digital technologies, providing community wellness initiatives and patient and family centered models of care. The hospital is an 80-bed hospital which provides a range of medical and surgical services as well as a combination of Perioperative and day beds, and a day oncology unit within a dedicated cancer care centre.
Salary range: $34.69 - $46.67 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, our Registered Nurses make up a vital and respected part of the nursing team at Mater.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Utilising a structured approach carry out comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments of patients
- Within scope of practice, implements planned evidence-based nursing interventions
- Act as a patient advocate ensuring patients are informed and consent is gained prior to procedures
- Contribute to the maintenance of an environment which promotes safety, security and personal integrity of individual patients and groups
- Maintain and adhere to Infection Control policies and practices
- Complies with organisational policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines
Ensure confidentiality of corporate and patient information
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic ward.
- Current AHPRA nursing registration
- Extensive experience within a medical or surgical ward setting
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 16th of June 2021
For further information, please contact Joe Gabriel, Nurse Unit Manager IPU on 07 3163 5445.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend