Job no: 494201
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Mothers Hospital Intensive Care Nursery (preterm/medical), within the NCCU, currently has multiple opportunities available for motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurses to join the team. These positions can be full-time or part-time and will be offered on a permanent basis.
The Neonatal Critical Care Unit is a 79 bed highly specialised and complex service which provides care for approximately 2000 babies per year. It is comprised of 45 intensive care beds, separated into 30 Preterm/Medical cots, 17 Cardiac/Surgical cots and 34 Special Care cots inclusive of rooming in facilities. Care is delivered in accordance with best practice standards and in a highly collaborative environment. The Mater NCCU is a perinatal tertiary referral centre for babies requiring cardiac and surgical care for the Southeast and central Queensland regions.
Salary range: $34.69 - $46.67 per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, our Registered Nurses make up a vital and respected part of the nursing team at Mater.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Utilising a structured approach carry out comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments of patients
- Within scope of practice, implements planned evidence-based nursing interventions
- Act as a patient advocate ensuring patients are informed and consent is gained prior to procedures
- Contribute to the maintenance of an environment which promotes safety, security and personal integrity of individual patients and groups
- Maintain and adhere to Infection Control policies and practices
- Complies with organisational policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines
- Ensure confidentiality of corporate and patient information
In order to be successful in this position, you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Hold, or be willing to, study towards a postgraduate of Neonatal Intensive Care
- Availability for 24/7 rotating roster shifts
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Patient centric approach to care - commitment to ensuring the levels of service are always delivered to patients at all times
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 25th June 2021
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend