Job no: 494227
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Brisbane Emergency Care Centre (MECC) is seeking an experienced, motivated and enthusiastic Registered Nurse, to join the team on permanent part-time basis (64 hours per fortnight).
The department offers a 24-hour comprehensive emergency service for adult patients, staffed by experienced emergency doctors, nurses, training registrars and house officers. The department provides care to adolescents and adults with a full range of acute illness and injuries including Medical, Surgical, Oncology, Orthopaedic and Gynaecological emergencies. The success of the department is due to its’ strong culture of teamwork and cohesion.
In this role, you will enjoy being part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest level of patient care.
Salary range: $36.32 - $46.67 (RN Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
We are seeking dynamic and adaptable Registered Nurses who will be motivated by a challenging and fast paced environment.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
To be successful in your application you will have:
- APHRA registration as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 12 months documented post-graduate experience in an acute clinical setting, ideally in a critical care environment
- Previous experience in emergency nursing would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Outstanding communication and time management skills
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 18th June 2021
For further information, please contact Marguerite Woodward, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 3163 1034.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend