Research Communications Officer
Job no: 494237
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Research is searching for knowledgeable Research Communications Officer in a part time capacity, 3 days per week to join our NHMRC Stillbirth Centre for Research Excellence (Stillbirth CRE) team at South Brisbane. Reporting to the Stillbirth CRE Director Prof Vicki Flenady, this role will be initially offered for a 12-month period.
The Stillbirth CRE has been established to tackle the problem of stillbirth in Australia. Specifically, the Stillbirth CRE recognises that stillbirth has enormous economic and psychosocial impacts; that there has been virtually no reduction in rates for over 20 years; that large equity gaps exist; and that families whose child is stillbirth often receive suboptimal care.
This role represents a unique and career defining opportunity to join a market leader in healthcare and a proudly Mission Led organisation.
Salary: Mater Research Professional Level 6.1 $75,625 p.a. + super + salary sacrificing
What you’ll be doing
In this important role you will be responsible for helping communicate the work and research findings of the Stillbirth CRE to our partners and the broader community through a range of digital, social and traditional media channels. You will be an enthusiastic and skilled communicator who has experience in general communications and marketing, as well as social and digital media. Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing effective and collaborative relationships with project partners
- Building rapport and business relationships across the project team to keep abreast of critical issues and priorities and to manage these relationships effectively
- Supporting and implementing plans for managing effective internal and external marketing and ongoing communication plans in consultation with key stakeholders
- Research, collect and collate information from a variety of sources for inclusion in agreed publications including websites and printed materials
- Preparation and dissemination of plain language summaries of recently published and ongoing research
- Develop internal protocols and policies for communication procedures within the team
- Advise as to the most appropriate channel for communication and executes communication where relevant
- Coordinate with team communication related work including event calendar, media releases, web content and newsletter development
You will have proven experience in developing engaging content in a health or research setting using multiple channels. Additionally, you will possess the following:
- Tertiary degree in Marketing or Communications
- Experience in perinatal health will be highly regarded
- Experience in communications in a scientific or research environment
- Experienced in implementing communication strategies and plans to meet strategic requirements
- Demonstrated experience in social and digital media including strategic engagement with key stakeholders
- Highly developed writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to tailor writing style for different audiences and for different media
- Project coordination skills, coupled with a general understanding of the project life cycle, project documentation, project standards and methodologies
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
To learn more - please view here (insert PD)
Please click "Apply now" -Applications should include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae addressing the selection criteria in the attached position description along with contact details of two professional referees.
For position enquiries, please contact Ms Rebecca Bibby email@example.com
Applications close COB Wednesday 23 June 2021
*Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend