Job no: 494364
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
Mater Private Hospital Brisbane is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurses to join our Orthopaedics ward on a permanent part-time basis.
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Brisbane is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurses to join our Orthopaedics ward. We currently have multiple permanent part time position working 32 hours per week.
As a RN in 9East, you will have a strong patient-service focus, demonstrated commitment to continued service improvement, willingness to facilitate and encourage cohesive, positive professional relationships and be required to demonstrate problem-solving skills to improve patient care outcomes relevant to the ward.
As an enthusiastic and dedicated Registered Nurse you will work as part of a resilient, adaptable and proactive Orthopaedics team, continuing to provide exceptional care to patients and seamlessly integrate to hit-the-ground-running. You will provide technical assistance during procedures, ensuring excellent standards of nursing care at all times. You will also work closely with patients and their families ensuring they experience a sensitive, welcoming and friendly environment at all times.
This position will involve working 24/7 rotating rostered shifts including early, late, night and weekend shifts.
Salary range: $37.23-$47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic team of passionate nurses.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- At least 2 years’ experience in Orthopaedics or Surgical nursing
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is always delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24 September 2021.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend