Registered Nurse - Oncology
Job no: 494373
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane has multiple permanent part time opportunities for exceptional Registered Nurses to join the team within the Oncology ward working up to 64 hours per fortnight.
Our Oncology service provides specialist care to oncology, haematology and palliative care patients, their families and visitors. This team of professionals work together as a unit, going above and beyond to continue to provide an exceptional level of care and deliver the highest level of clinical standards for the unit.
Salary range: $34.69-$46.67 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
You will become an integral part of the team that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of those you care for, while making a positive contribution to the overall standard of care delivered by the unit. You will join a team of highly skilled multidisciplinary professionals, and your enthusiasm and dedication for nursing will be highly valued within a supportive and professional environment.
Whilst maintaining the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout their disease trajectory
- Demonstrating clinical expertise and knowledge of chemotherapy and targeted therapy administration, central venous line management, and the management of patients undergoing stem cell transplantation
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
- Supporting the Nurse Manager in the review of service provided
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- 3+ years of experience in oncology nursing
- Considerable demonstrated experience in an acute oncology setting
- High level skills in problem-solving, communication, coordination and time management
- The ability to contribute effectively and efficiently within a busy, multidisciplinary team environment
While not essential, applicants who currently have or are studying towards a tertiary qualification within this clinical speciality would be highly regarded.
Why join us?
This is your opportunity to be part of a team who embrace individuality by providing an environment that supports not only patients and their families but also the staff looking after them.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to working on behalf of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options and subsidised meals on offer at our onsite cafes.
**Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff.
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination ((MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre commencement requirement.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend