Job no: 494395
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane has an exciting opportunity for a qualified and experienced Clinical Nurse to join the General Surgery Ward which includes Urology, Colorectal, Plastics and reconstructive, Gynae-Oncology, Breast and Endocrine and Vascular patients. This position will be offered as a fixed term part time role until 26/2/2022, working 32 hours per week.
This is a great opportunity to utilise your exceptional leadership ability, and where your experience and skills will see you become an integral part of a team committed to delivering outstanding care and services, along with improving the experience and outcomes for patients.
Salary range: $48.66 - $52.13 (Registered Nurse Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Be a role-model in all aspects of leadership and promote a positive team culture within the unit
- Leadership and coordination of the General Surgery ward
- Demonstrate professionalism at all times
- Provision and coordination of care including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care
- Monitoring outcomes and initiating/advocating changes to processes and practices
- Participating in the review, development and implementation of relevant policies, procedures and clinical protocols
- Participates and promotes clinical meetings in a multidisciplinary setting
To be successful in your application you will have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Nurse (no restrictions)
- Minimum of 3 years post grad experience working in a surgical setting
- Leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to lead and mentor staff
- Demonstrated advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and facilitate management and workloads
- Strong knowledge of continuous improvement process, coupled with the proven ability to initiate, coordinate and evaluate quality improvement measures
Those applicants with relevant post-graduate qualifications and/or clinical experience in relevant fields of nursing will be highly regarded. Demonstrated knowledge and application of Workplace Health and Safety, Infection Control and Clinical Risk policies are also of value.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 5th of December 2021.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend