About the role
Mater has a fantastic opportunity for a Manager Health Informatics to join the Digital Technology and Information division, to lead and manage the adoption, utilization and optimization of Mater’s digital health systems. This new position is being offered on a full-time permanent basis.
A Catholic not-for-profit ministry of Mercy Partners, Mater is guided by the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy who first established Mater in 1906 when they built the first Mater Private Hospital in Brisbane. This was the start of a tradition of care and compassion for the sick and needy that continues to inspire us today. Through our extensive network of hospitals, health centres and related businesses, a nationally accredited education provider and a world-class research institute, we're working together to meet the needs of the community and improve your health and wellbeing.
Digital Technology and Innovation (DTI) is currently going through an exciting period of transformation and this represents a career defining opportunity to join an iconic Queensland organisation.
Salary: commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
The Mater Health Strategy has laid out a path to transform the way we deliver our Mission of providing compassionate care to those in need. Improvement and innovation are central to our strategy and digital health is a key enabler.
The Digital Health Program is designing how we will deliver:
- Enhanced digital consumer experience capabilities
- An Integrated Health Record, comprising a digital medical record system and new patient administration system
- Hospital-in-the-home and ambulatory care capabilities that enable co-ordinated and consumer-controlled care
- Virtual hospital capabilities, including support for models such as e-ICU
- A digital Operations Command Centre to improve capacity management, patient flow, service co-ordination and emergency management
- Enhanced connectivity and integration for wearable technology and biomedical devices
The Manager Health Informatics will provide leadership and oversight of the Health Informatics specialists including the preparation for the adoption, enhancement and ongoing support model for Mater’s future digital health ecosystem.
The Manager Health Informatics will contribute to the development of strategic business/clinical needs, including the review of business case documentation and digital roadmap, for digital health initiatives and programs. The role will manage the engagement, adoption and utilisation, and optimisation of digital health systems and applications across the organisation, including measurement and reporting on key system performance indicators, including staff and patient experience.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary degree in clinical area of subject matter expertise
It would also be desirable to have:
- Certified Health Informatician Australasia (CHIA) membership and credentials are highly desirable.
- Postgraduate qualifications in business management, information technology, leadership, organisational change, education, or similar field are desirable.
- AHPRA Registration.
- A clinical background of at least 5 years, with proven experience in digital workflows, best practise, innovation, clinical documentation, and healthcare informatics.
- Demonstrated proficiency working in a tertiary hospital environment and understanding of clinical workflows in the acute and/or subacute inpatient settings.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Clinical systems implementations or digital health projects
- Demonstrated experience to manage and triage system issues and requests, or demand management frameworks.
- Experience documenting workflows in formal notations such as BPMN
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
To learn more - please view Manager Health Informatics PD 2021.pdf
Applications close on Friday 17 December 2021.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.