Physiotherapist - Team Leader
Job no: 494706
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater’s Mothers, Women and Pelvic Health (MW&PH) team is looking for a dedicated and experienced Physiotherapist Team Leader to join them in a permanent full-time role.
The Physiotherapy department at Mater Health provides a broad range of public and private acute health services with adults, women’s health, neonatology, children and adolescent services. The Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health Physiotherapy team provides specialist services to inpatients and outpatients across the continuum of perinatal, gynaecology and pelvic health care. The team encompasses 20 Physiotherapists and assistants who are passionate about delivering evidence based, high-level physiotherapy clinical care to Women, in an inpatient, outpatient, and group education setting.
As a member of the Physiotherapy leadership team, you will clinically and operationally lead the Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health team. In addition to providing high level clinical services with patients, you will lead the team’s performance and coordinate the delivery of quality, innovative and efficient services through building team cohesion, a learning environment, and coordinating quality improvement and research initiatives aligned to departmental strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Deliver generalist clinical and consultancy services of a complex nature with significant scope across the Mothers, Women’s and Pelvic Health Physiotherapy service,
- Drive workforce productivity and planning through the operational and professional management of Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health team services, staff and resources,
- Provide direction and clinical supervision to health practitioners, allied health assistants, students, support staff and volunteers in the delivery of Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health/ perinatal and gynaecological clinical services,
- Operationally manage financial and staffing resources and day-to-day service delivery of the Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health team,
- Provide strategic direction to the Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health team and shape service profile through developing and extending scope of practice, models of care and clinical practices in line with departmental plan,
- Develop a research agenda and lead change for the Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health team to improve practice standards, models of service delivery and patient outcomes and support team to engage in research,
- Provide authoritative counsel to management, colleagues and external stakeholders regarding delivery of perinatal and Pelvic Health clinical services,
- Drive and champion a learning and development agenda across the Mothers, Women’s & Pelvic Health team,
- Monitor and ensure the appropriate application of professional standards, including assessment of clinical competencies, and coordination and provision of professional development opportunities.
The successful applicant will possess:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (or equivalent),
- Current AHPRA registration as a Physiotherapist,
- Eligibility to receive a Medicare provider number,
- Post graduate qualifications in Women’s Health or Leadership desirable,
- High level Physiotherapy clinical skills in obstetrics, gynaecology and or pelvic health specialty areas, to provide optimal patient outcomes for complex clinical presentations, in accordance with prescribed professional and ethical standards,
- Demonstrated leadership at state and organisational level for translating emerging evidence, innovative models of care, departmental planning and organisational and divisional strategy, into operational outcomes,
- Demonstrated national linkages (or the ability to rapidly acquire) in the field of Mothers, Women and Pelvic Health Care, to facilitate state-wide leadership in the development and implementation of novel models of care and the translation of emerging research in to practice,
- Demonstrated experience in clinically leading, operationally managing and growing a clinical service in line with departmental plan/strategy.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Michelle Grant, Physiotherapist Director on 07 3163 8317
To view position description, please click here: 210901 Role Description Template - HP5 Team Leader.docx
Closing date for applications is Sunday 26th September 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend