Job no: 494714
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater Respiratory Medicine Department based at the South Brisbane campus, has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and exceptional Overnight Sleep Technician to join the team on a part-time 12 month fixed-term contract. You will be offered a minimum 10 hours per week, with the opportunity to extend to 38 hours per week.
The Mater Respiratory Medicine Department provides a Sleep service to patients of Mater Health and the Outpatient Clinics, linking with other specialty units including Cardiology, Perioperative medicine, as well as other internal medicine disciplines and surgery within the hospital and other subspecialty thoracic services in Brisbane.
Salary range: $31.97 - $44.31 (Health Practitioner Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As a member of a multidisciplinary team of Medical, Scientific, Nursing and Administrative Staff, you will provide a routine level of Sleep Clinical Measurement services to patients of Mater Health Services with prescribed professional guidelines and ethical standards. Some of your key duties will include (but not limited to):
- Set up, monitor and perform diagnostic and treatment sleep studies for adult and paediatric patients with a wide range of sleep disorders
- Dealing with complex patients (for example: hypoventilation syndromes and neuromuscular conditions)
- Maintain stock control and quality control
- The role is predominantly evening and overnight shifts
Suitable applicants will require:
- Demonstrated experience performing sleep investigations
- Current First Aid, CPR and PLS Certificate (training provided to the successful candidate)
- Current blue card (or ability to obtain)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to liaise with persons of varied backgrounds with a focus on patient centred care
- Completed or working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Applied Science or equivalent
- Post-graduate qualification in sleep or clinical physiology would be highly regarded, but not essential
- Previous experience in sleep medicine is highly regarded, particularly in the use of NOX equipment
- RPSGT would be highly regarded but not essential
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 26th September 2021
For further information, please contact Grace Madden, Respiratory Scientist on 3163 8146.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend