Job no: 494719
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: All other
About the role
Mater Health Brisbane are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Service Manager to drive efficiency and support service delivery across key specialties. This position is being offered as full-time, fixed term leave cover until October 2022.
The position reports to the Director of Operations – Ambulatory & Outpatients and works in partnership with the specialty Medical Directors and clinical and administrative teams to support the strategic direction of the Department, in line with organisational goals and key performance indicators. The role works collaboratively across all divisions relevant to the patient journey, including outpatients and inpatients, to facilitate a better experience for the patient, increase engagement and satisfaction and maximise revenue opportunities.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you'll be doing
The role of Service Manager will see you drive efficiency and improvement in line with organisation goals and key performance indicators.
Responsibilities for the role will include:
- Operational line for all within specialty in relation to day to day operational management,
- Optimise access, flow and experience of the patient journey, in collaboration with clinical team and key stakeholders:
- This includes demand/capacity review and planning, service scheduling (including specialist clinics & theatre allocation), and implementation of evidence-based models of care with consideration to modality, provider and technology
- Use project improvement methodologies to drive continuous improvement, addressing outpatient and surgical reform agendas, including application of SOSIS/GESIS/ESIS and other guidelines within specialty
- Collate, analyse and report data to improve service and inform strategic direction, with HOD and in collaboration with clinical team and key stakeholders, including monitoring, review and response of efficiency, quality and safety measures
- Participate in risk management, safety and quality, and evidence-based practice and research activities that support the provision of quality, cost effective care,
- To manage and improve the operational performance of the specialty service, across inpatient and outpatient services, in line with Mater’s Strategic Plan and in collaboration with nursing, medical and administrative leaders
- To drive activity delivery and models of care with the clinical and executive team
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Certificate IV in relevant management/project management/quality improvement or working towards same
- Previous exposure to health care environment at senior level
- Uses high level written/verbal/non-verbal skills in the areas of influencing/advocacy, negotiation, coaching and consultation
- Strong leadership skills, effective communication and interpersonal skills, and advanced report writing skills
- Competence in using electronic information systems
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 21th September 2021
For further information specific to the position, please contact Kim Wilson, Director of Operations Ambulatory and Outpatient Services, on 07 3163 2400.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend