About the role
Mater Education currently has an exciting opportunity for an individual to join one of Australia’s leading healthcare education providers for an initial 12-month fixed term capacity (commencing October 2021) in a Industry Engagement Officer role.
About Mater Education
For more than 100 years, Mater has delivered quality training for clinicians and healthcare professionals. Today, we’re part of Mater’s state-wide network of hospitals and healthcare facilities.
Mater Education is a leading provider of healthcare education and training, with world-class clinical simulation programs, facilities and faculty. As a nationally-accredited training provider, and the largest private provider of Enrolled Nurses in Australia, we deliver contemporary, interprofessional workforce training and translational simulation services across a wide range of sectors including health, aged and residential care, child care and direct to the community.
Working as a member of Mater’s Education team, you will work collaboratively to support the delivery of high-quality education and training solutions.
Salary: commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a motivated individual to be responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with our existing and potential client base while promoting and selling our programs and services. You will implement organisational strategies to develop and convert business opportunities for Mater Education through Queensland.
Your ethical approach and strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills combined with your industry experience will see you succeed in the role. Some travel may be required to fulfil the requirements of this role.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop sales plans and proactively engage corporate clients to deliver sale outcomes against performance targets.
- Contribute to revenue generation through identification of new potential clients and existing business relationships.
- Work with Mater Education managers in the development and delivery of programs to suit industry/client needs.
- Build and manage positive working relationships with existing clients and prospective new clients.
- Actively engage with the healthcare, aged care and community care sectors to identify opportunities and achieve results.
- Oversee various business contract lifecycles including proposal and tender writing, contract submissions and implementation.
- Forecast and analyse long and short-term market trends that inform sales and business development activity for the Mater Education.
- Work in partnership with the program support team to on-board participants within the industry targeted programs.
- Continuously promote new ways of improving efficiency by reducing cost and enhancing outcomes.
To be considered for this role, you will meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, business or sales discipline
- Current Drivers Licence
Furthermore, the following criteria is desirable
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE)
- Valid Working with Children Card (BlueCard)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in health, aged care, or community care industry
- Demonstrated experience in working with corporate clients to address mandatory education and workforce development needs
- Demonstrated sales experience in a corporate setting
- Experience working within an RTO environment
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants as they come in, so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
Applications close Friday 24 September 2021.
*Please note, this role is currently based at South Brisbane but will be located in Newstead in the coming months.