Clinical Nurse - Infection Control
Job no: 494732
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing
About the role
Mater Health Brisbane has an opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse or Clinical Nurse to step into the role of Clinical Nurse - Infection Control. This position is offered in permanent full-time capacity and based at our South Brisbane campus.
Salary range: $48.66 - $52.13 (RN2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
You will join a team of highly skilled multidisciplinary professionals, and your enthusiasm and dedication for nursing will be highly valued within a supportive and professional environment.
This role will see you:
- Assist and support all members of the Infection Management team in the delivery of the program,
- Assist to plan and manage defined Infection Management projects to achieve desired outcomes within a quality management framework,
- Undertake risk assessments, surveillance and compliance audits including provision of feedback to staff,
- Support the Daily Coordinator (DC) in their role to manage patients across Mater and ultimately learn the DC role independently,
- Acquire knowledge in bloodstream infections, surgical site infections, multi-resistant and significant organisms and become confident in performing healthcare associated infection investigations,
- Improving patient safety through strengthening the workforce and engaging in quality improvement activities,
- Provide education and training to Mater staff where applicable.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Current Registered Nurse AHPRA registration with no restrictions,
- Strong interest in infection control & infectious diseases,
- Prior knowledge and experience in Infection Control always desirable but not essential as training will be provided,
- High level skills in problem-solving, communication, coordination and time management,
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a multidisciplinary team,
- Experience with hospital and Infection Management information systems (e.g. Multiprac) desirable,
- Completed or working towards post graduate qualifications in Infection Control or related field highly desirable.
For further information please contact Dr Anna Sartor, Manager Infection Management on 3163 6561.
To view the Position Description please learn more Clinical Nurse_Infection Management.pdf
Applications close on Monday 27 September 2021.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend