Job no: 494735
Work type: Casual
Categories: Room Attendant
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Redland is seeking a Casual Orderly / Housekeeping Attendant to join the Patient Support Services department on a casual basis with availability across a 7 day roster. You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient support services to our clients, including assisting with non-therapeutic aspects of patient care based on a consumer focused philosophy and in accordance with the hospital policy.
This role requires the incumbent to adhere to the Mater behavioural standards including the Values, Code of Conduct, Credo, Mater Private Person Charter and any other relevant behavioural standards.
Salary range: PSSGA - $23.63 - $25.91 per hour plus superannuation, casual loading and salary packaging options.
Role and Responsibilities
The key tasks of the Support Services ‘Orderly’ are to:
- Safely transport patients on the hospital beds and wheelchair.
- Transport blood products and medical equipment as required.
- Removal of soiled linen, Rubbish and sharps containers.
- Safely driving the internal & external transportation vehicles.
- Conduct all other duties as specified in the ‘Orderlies’ duties document.
- Other duties as requested from time to time outside of the ‘Orderlies’ duties document.
- Perform cleaning duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ensure the safety of all people in the hospital by adhering to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Promote a safe and harmonious workplace for patients, visitors and staff.
- Clean body fluid spillages within hospital infection control guidelines.
- Segregation of waste according to waste management protocol.
- Actively comply with Hospital and Departmental Policies & Procedures.
- Actively participates in own self development and performance management.
- Actively support and participate in continuous quality improvement activities by participating in audits and trials, providing suggestions and attending relevant meetings.
- Successfully completes annual mandatory education.
- Determine the priority in which tasks are completed.
- Current open driver’s licence (Mandatory)
- Previous experience in a similar role in a healthcare or hospitality commercial environment. (Desirable)
- Availability across a 7 day roster (shifts vary from 6:30am to 01:00am and are usually 6 to 8 hour shifts)
You will have basic understanding of, or the ability to acquire knowledge of workplace health and safety, equal employment opportunity, bullying and harassment and anti-discrimination legislations, practices and behaviours as applied in the working environment.
How to apply
Please include a 1 page Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the role based on your previous experience aligned to the key tasks and duties for the role, listed above.
Your resume, including a comprehensive employment history, the qualifications you hold and the contact details for at least two professional referees.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend