Job no: 494745
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Pathology is recruiting a Collection Supervisor in a fixed term full time position. This role will provide leadership and governance over the Phlebotomy teams to ensure the professional collection of specimens meets customer expectations and quality and safety standards. This role will champion the necessity to meticulously identify specimens and to accurately transfer data throughout the handling process to avoid the serious consequences of misidentification.
As a Mater Pathology Collection Supervisor you will operate at a high level of autonomy and will be involved in customer engagements which will require expertise in customer experience and an ability to work with a high level of autonomy. The role will also be responsible for the pre-analytical management system which is operated in our collection centres. The role will require a proven background in accomplishing objectives, undertaking projects and problem solving. The role will work within a highly motivated interactive team.
This role will assist in the delivery of continuous quality improvement within the division and act collaboratively with laboratory colleagues, medical, nursing, allied health professionals and other external customers to build positive relationships and new business.
This role delivers services to the laboratory operations on a 24 hour basis. This position may require availability to work on shifts rostered throughout this 24 hour period to fulfil operational requirements. There is an OnCall component associated with this role.
With over 100 years of experience, Mater Pathology is Queensland's leading not-for-profit pathology provider. Mater Pathology is at the forefront of innovation providing a broad spectrum of unique pathology expertise through its highly skilled cohesive team of pathologists and scientific, technical and administration staff.
Salary range: $35.36-$38.98 (Operational Officer Level 5) per hour plus superannuation
What you'll be doing
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Supervisory responsibility includes training of team members, coordination of workflow processes and responsibility for quality of output of the Phlebotomy team.
- Participation in performance reviews and ongoing performance management of subordinate staff will be required.
- Recognises and addresses inefficiencies in service provision, and continuously improves business processes.
- Sound understanding of rostering within a 24 hour operation
- Strong customer experience background to manage the ongoing relationship with customer groups including but not limited to GP practices, specialist clinics, nursing homes, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Health clinics, public and private hospitals and day surgeries.
- Deliver customer experience of a high standard by ensuring a professional appearance and positive personal interactions.
- The application of initiative and judgment will be required for problem solving.
- Demonstrates a high level of oral and written communication skills to ensure staff and customer needs are met.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Monitor compliance to specimen identification and processing procedures.
- Demonstrated commitment and ability to work both individually and as a leader of a team, liaise with team members, colleagues and supervisors and exhibit a high level of interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated advanced data analysis and computer skills in laboratory systems including the major support role of the collection centre pre-analytic system.
- Promoting the philosophy of health care and values of Mater Health Services
- Providing excellent patient care and a strong commitment to customer service
- Maintaining quality of service as per ISO 17025 accreditation and AS/NZS ISO/9001 2000 standards
To be considered suitable for this position you must possess the following:
- Supervisory/team leader role for the past 3-5 years
- A background in customer service and /or >5 years’ experience in a phlebotomy role
- Driver’s license is essential for management of community phlebotomists and offsite staff
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is highly regarded
- Certificate III in Phlebotomy or equivalent relevant experience
- You will be customer focused with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, have demonstrated time management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th September 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend