Job no: 494746
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Pathology is recruiting permanent part time team member the primary duties of this role will be to service External Collection Centres. These roles may also be required to participate in rotational rosters over a 24hr period/7 days a week.
As a Mater Pathology Phlebotomist, you will be providing a high level of customer service and care to patients through phlebotomy, specimen collection, specimen management and administration duties. The management of specimens in the pre-analytical stage ensures the delivery of quality samples for testing that leads to timely diagnosis and treatment of patients.
With over 100 years of experience, Mater Pathology is Queensland's leading not-for-profit pathology provider. Mater Pathology is at the forefront of innovation providing a broad spectrum of unique pathology expertise through its highly skilled cohesive team of pathologists and scientific, technical and administration staff.
Salary range: $28.95-$30.24 (Operational Officer Level 3.1) per hour plus superannuation
What you'll be doing
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Collection of blood samples from adults, children and infants. Including collecting samples such as blood, urine, swabs and skin.
- Advise clients on any special requirements prior to test procedures.
- Registration of patient using pre-analytical management system
- You will maintain equipment, consumables and work areas in a clean, safe and well-resourced state.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Deliver customer experience of a high standard by ensuring a professional appearance and positive personal interactions.
- Promoting the philosophy of health care and values of Mater Health Services
- Providing excellent patient care and a strong commitment to customer service
- Maintaining quality of service as per ISO 17025 accreditation and AS/NZS ISO/9001 2000 standards
To be considered suitable for this position you must possess the following:
- Certificate III in Phlebotomy or equivalent relevant experience
- Good manual dexterity and ability to show empathy and understanding to patients
- Good understanding of patient confidentiality
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part a of multidisciplinary team environment
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th September 2021
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend