Property & Leasing Manager
Job no: 494765
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: All other
About the role
Mater’s Development and Property department currently has an exceptional opportunity for a Property and Leasing Manager to join the team. This opportunity is offered as permanent and full time. This role will be based at Mater Newstead.
In this position you will working within a highly dynamic and supportive team that manages a property portfolio in excess of $1 billion across Queensland.
What you’ll be doing
You will represent the interests of Mater by negotiating and managing the lease portfolio of specific leasing interests (as Landlord and as Tenant) on behalf of Mater according to delegations and established internal approval processes;
- Liaise with management on specific leasing terms and prepare lease proposals and lawyer instructions;
- Manage document control and liaise with lawyers including reviewing draft documentation and provide direction on counter-responses;
- Facilitate actions for breaches of leases
to preserve Mater’s rights as Lessor and recover/rectify breaches and assist in resolving client account issues/arrears management;
- Review documentation and oversee lease documentation management and storage;
- Facilitate handover of relevant leasing information to the Property team upon completion of the lease to support Property management and lease administrative/financial functions;
- Provide support and guidance to Property team with advice/decisions required that pertain to lease cost recovery, maintenance, outgoings, access and make-good;
- Engage consultants as required for market evidence, market review determination, and other specialist advice as required;
- Engage communications with real estate agents and any associated agency appointments and unsolicited offers and co-ordinate advertising of commercial and retail vacancies as appropriate;
- Maintain leasing status reports, complete management reports on activity, rental rates, KPI reporting and other corporate reporting information as required
by Leasing Manager, Director Mater Property & Assets or Director Built Environment;
- Ensure all rent reviews are carried out as specified under the lease including market reviews;
- Provide support with budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting
- Participate in the development of document framework (policies, procedures and work instructions and forms) related to the role and supporting the Property team.
You will ideally have a minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role and ideally formal qualifications in business or property and property valuation / surveying. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, PowerPoint, Progen and D365 is desirable.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Applications close Sunday 19th December 2021.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend