Cleaner - Car Parks
Job no: 494880
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Trades and Services, All other
About the role
Build your career with Mater by providing a vital service to patients, visitors and staff as a friendly and informative Carpark Attendant/Cleaner. This role will be offered on a permanent part-time basis at 30 hours per week.
About Mater Car Parks
Mater Car Parks offer approximately 3500 spaces across the South Brisbane campus to accommodate the requirement for parking for patients, visitors and staff who are accessing our facilities. These multi-level car parks are automated, which means patrons are required to pre-pay for parking prior to exiting, with several pay stations positioned at prominent locations for ease of use.
Salary: $26.58 (Operational Officer Level 2) per hour plus superannuation and casual loading
What you’ll be doing
The successful applicant will support the Car Park Attendant team in in a cleaning capacity, performing all cleaning tasks for Mater Car Parks as per a cleaning checklist. You may also be required at times to assist other Car Park Attendants when required with the upkeep, maintenance of car park equipment and assist with the co-ordinating of traffic flow in the event of car park equipment failure.
While ensuring the visitor experience is seamless and without incident, the main duties of this position will include:
- Conduct walk throughs of all car park levels and stairwells, picking up all rubbish and cleaning up all spills and/or stains.
- Ensure Customer Service booths and toilet (Hancock St only) are mopped and cleaned.
- Clean carpark lift interiors and foyers by sweeping and picking up all rubbish. Mop interior of lift including walls and exterior doors and foyers.
- Wipe down all door handles and railings in stairwells and all car park devices such as entry / exit gates, ticket columns and Pay Stations to reduce risk of infections spreading.
- Check all bins and when required remove rubbish in bin liner and replace with new liner, collating all rubbish bags to one bin before taking to compactor for disposal. Check all bins for stains or dirt on exterior and wipe clean. Ensuring that any stains that have run onto the floor are removed and wash out all bins with water and cleaning fluid ensuring a safe work area is maintained whilst doing so.
- Ensure work station is kept tidy and all Mater property and equipment is secured when not in use.
- Perform other cleaning and Car Park Attendant tasks as directed from time to time.
You will be a customer service professional with experience in a similar role within a busy environment. You will have an in-depth knowledge and/or mechanical understanding to be able to troubleshoot when required, ensuring the customer experience is a positive and inviting one.
Previous experience operating car park equipment, cash handling and operating EFTOS equipment would be a distinct advantage. Please note this is not a security role and is not a full-time role.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend