Job no: 494889
Work type: Fixed Term, Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane are looking for experienced Registered Nurses to provide support in PACU. We have permanent roles on offer, full time hours, 38 hours a week. Immediate start available. Please note these roles will be working in PACU only.
Mater Hospital Brisbane PACU covers adult operating theatres including a wide range of specialties.
Salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care while acting as patient advocate
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients during perioperative journey
- Provided effective management of post anesthesia and postoperative complications
- Working collaboratively with the nursing team to provide exceptional care every time
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
The successful applicant will be required to perform shift work, and on call duties.
Further, you will possess a positive and motivated attitude with the desire to work as part of a team and participate in the future development of our Operating Theatres. This is a fantastic opportunity to apply your skills in a position where you can truly make a difference.
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic and supportive unit.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Recent relevant clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in a PACU environment
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and clinical problem solving skills to maximise patient care within the multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision making skills
- A commitment to learning and reflective practice
- Knowledge of and commitment to the continuous improvement of health care and nursing practice
- A desire to share your experiences and participate in the future development of the unit
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills
- The ability to participate in on-call rostering
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
There is access to professional development opportunities, supported through annual allowances for leave and financial assistance to attend conferences and courses.
**Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff.
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination ((MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre commencement requirement.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend