About the role
Mater Health currently has a rewarding opportunity as Director, Physiotherapy to join our team in a permanent full-time capacity based at our South Brisbane campus. In this pivotal role you will contribute to the leadership of Allied Health Services as a member of the Allied Health Senior Management Team while also leading a large Physiotherapy service
The Physiotherapy Department is part of the Division of Allied Health Services and provides a broad range of public and private acute health services with adults, women’s health, neonatology, children and young adults. Within the department, clinical teams provide a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services across clinical areas and functional teams in response to community need. The physiotherapy team encompasses 50 FTE, with almost 100 staff working in three teams, acute, mothers and musculoskeletal.
In this position you will lead patient-centered Physiotherapy Services across Mater Health and drive innovation and change in line with state/national standards and Mater’s values and Health strategy. You will also actively develop and promote teaching and research activities.
This is a wonderful chance to join a market leader in healthcare and define the next stage in your career.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
As Director Physiotherapy, you are responsible for the stewardship and delivery of consistent safe, high-quality, evidence-based physiotherapy services at Mater Health. Strategically and operationally, you will drive departmental performance and the delivery of quality, innovative, value-based health services through leading and building team capability, partnering with consumers and clinical teams to design care and forging a quality improvement and research agenda in line with our Mater Health strategy.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- A Bachelor or higher degree in Physiotherapy from a recognised tertiary institution,
- Have eligibility for registration with AHPRA.
- Post graduate qualifications in business management, health leadership or similar is desirable but not essential,
- Demonstrated high level expertise in Health-related Physiotherapy and demonstrated ability to strategically and operationally lead acute Physiotherapy services in line with organisational strategic direction,
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills including experience in fostering engagement, addressing conflict and advocating with multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated experience in driving workforce productivity and leading change through the development of research, quality improvement initiatives and innovative models of care,
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients. Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
To view the Position Description please click here - Director Physiotherapy PD Oct 2021.pdf
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31 October 2021.
**Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff.
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre commencement document.