Neonatal Research Fellow
Job no: 494923
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Medical Officers
About the role
Mater is currently look for a Neonatal Research Fellow to join our Mater Mothers Hospital. This is a new position to support neonatal perinatal medicine advance trainees to embark on a research career and develop transition to consultant skills. The position commences on the 7/2/2022 and is a two-year appointment with the option to extend for a third year.
Salary range: commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
This position of Neonatal Research Fellow is a position within Mater Health with a close relationship with Mater Research and any appointment will be in accordance with the Mission and Values of the Mater. It is a dual role with clinical and research responsibilities with an expectation that clinical and research time will be broadly evenly split. The purpose of the position is:
- To liaise with and assist the Director of Neonatology with the provision of comprehensive neonatal services to the Mater Mothers' Hospital.
- To work as part of a multidisciplinary team in the provision of family-centred developmental care to babies in the Neonatal Critical Care Unit as well as to babies in other areas of the organisation, including in an outpatient setting
- To provide clinical and service delivery leadership within the organisation
- To participate in improvements in quality, safety, patient and family experience and efficiency
- To support and provide neonatal education and clinical teaching for Mater Health
- To perform, under the supervision of neonatal research leaders in the service, one’s own neonatal focused research project(s), towards a higher degree (such as an M.Phil or PhD)
- To facilitate, under the supervision of neonatal research leaders in the service, the neonatal research of the unit more broadly
You will have experience in providing evidence-based family-centred neonatal care, including tertiary level senior registrar experience in perinatal, cardiac and surgical neonatology.
- Unconditional registration as a medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Undertaking or completed fellowship training in neonatal perinatal medicine with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians or equivalent
- Commitment to enrol, or enrolled, in a higher degree by research (HDR)
- Other postgraduate qualifications in clinical education, healthcare leadership or other aspects of healthcare provision (desirable)
- Evidence of a contribution to research and/or interest in research is desirable
- Evidence of a publication record, particularly neonatal focused is desirable
- Experience in presenting research is desirable
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 31 October 2021.
For further information specific to the role, please contact Dr Pita Birch, Director of Neonatology on 07 3163 8868.
**Please note applications will be reviewed upon receipt, which may be prior to the advertising closing date. Please do not delay in submitting your application (current CV and cover letter outlining your motivation to joining the Mater team)!
**Mater is progressing towards mandatory COVID-19 vaccination as a conditional requirement of employment for all staff.
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend