Assistant Director of Clinical Services - Mater Private Hospital Brisbane
Job no: 495010
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: All other, NUM/MUM
About the role
A unique opportunity has arisen within the Mater Private Hospital Brisbane (MPHB) for an Assistant Director of Clinical Services (Perioperative & Critical Care Services) to join the team in a full time, permanent capacity.
This leadership role is a newly created position, reporting to the Director of Clinical Services, MPHB. You will be responsible for developing clinical policy, practice and governance whilst providing clinical and operational leadership for the Perioperative & Critical Care Services across Mater Private Hospital.
Our culture is promoted that is in keeping with the health care mission and values of the Sisters of Mercy. This is a unique opportunity to demonstrate your leadership and management experience and make your mark within a wonderful new venture as Mater Health Services expands its clinical services whilst continuing to provide exceptional care.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking for a proactive and strategically minded leader who can focus both developing action plans to meet the services strategic goals, whilst also delivering on operational key performance measures.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to the overall management and leadership of the Perioperative & Critical Care Services, working collaboratively with other members of the leadership team to support the development of the service.
- Effectively manage and lead teams within the Perioperative & Critical Care Services, including the development and implementation of effective human resources, financial and performance improvement strategies.
- Assuming financial management accountability for the performance of the Perioperative & Critical Care Services against budget targets and imperatives.
- Providing advice and support to the Director of Clinical Services on ways to enhance financial performance of the Perioperative & Critical Care Services including (but not restricted to) staffing arrangements (labour hours), changes in clinical practice, staff agency usage, sick leave and general productivity measures.
- Build successful teams by providing encouragement and support in the development of work teams and promoting effective communication within and across teams.
You will be an experienced people leader who is passionate about driving change and innovation in your field. You will use practical and evidence-based research to suggest new ways of doing things and take a positive and adaptive approach to embedding change.
Other skills and responsibilities include:
- Extensive experience in leading large and complex teams, coupled with clinical expertise with the ability to undertake complex nursing interventions
- Ability to demonstrate strong capability in leading both the clinical and commercial aspects of a tertiary service
- AHPRA nursing registration and a current annual practicing certificate. Tertiary qualifications in health management, business or related disciplines
- Previous experience in a Senior Nursing level role focused on patient outcomes and clinical safety
- Previous experience managing clinical financial performance.
- High level communication skills within a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated competence in cost centre management
- Willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
- Post-graduate qualifications in Acute or Procedural Services will be highly regarded.
Why join us?
In return for your skills you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, pioneers in the provision of healthcare to Queensland for over 100 years, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Mater seeks to improve healthcare through the consistent and strategic integration of health, education and research with a strong commitment to the provision of safe, low-variability, evidenced-based healthcare in areas identified to meet community need.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend