Job no: 495177
Work type: Permanent, Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane, Newstead
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater Group is currently seeking a Platform Engineer to join our IT Infrastructure Services team in a permanent full-time capacity to help us modernise and transform our platform operations.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise into a high functioning, multi skilled team. This role provides specialist knowledge to ensure maintenance, support, problem solving, and continuous improvement are managed in a timely and customer focused manner to meet business needs.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
No two days will be the same as you provide support with a variety of digital infrastructure related tasks including troubleshooting and resolving technical issues on Maters modern platforms, applying updates and fixes to ensure our infrastructure is secure and reliable and assist projects on their new infrastructure requirements.
You’ll use your initiative and problem-solving skills to provide relevant advice about Mater’s leading-edge infrastructure platforms which will involve you gaining exposure to new technologies like Hyper Converged Infrastructure and the latest Microsoft and Citrix Server and Desktop delivery platforms.
To be successful, you will require:
- Ability to support and promote a client focused customer service delivery culture within IT.
- Proven experience developing and documenting processes and procedures for all aspects of the platforms
- Experience coordinating the installation of system patches and software upgrades
- Ability to provide advice to teams regarding technology, implementation, resourcing and operational requirements
- Experience with configuration and commissioning of hardware, system software and utilities
- Experience with HCI, Backups, Load Balancing, Windows Servers
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities and determine priorities in a customer focused environment.
- High level of communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team and liaise with multiple stakeholders throughout the business, including both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Technical leadership skills and expertise in support and management activities to resolve incidents and problems within the infrastructure environment to meet agreed service levels and system availability
- A focus on continuous improvement with proven ability to train and mentor other team members.
Tertiary degree in area of subject matter expertise or Information Technology is highly desirable.
Why join us?
Maters Digital Technology and Information Division is on the leading edge of a Digital Workplace migration which will allow you and your team to get great exposure to the latest technologies in all aspects of Digital Platforms. You will get exposure to cutting edge new technologies in your domain for example Hyper Converged Infrastructure and Office 365 including using Teams for great team collaborations.
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 8 December 2021.
For further information, please contact Brandon Le, Cloud and Infrastructure Manager, on 07 3163 7175.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend