About the role
Mater Foundation has a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Data & Reporting Analyst to join the Business Support Team in a fixed-term, full-time position for 8 months. This role will be based at Mater Newstead.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading charity that truly makes a difference in the community.
Mater Foundation aspires to be a leading and trusted health based fundraising organisation.
We understand that we are in the business of philanthropy and that fundraising is a servant of philanthropy. Specifically, our role is to conduct long term fundraising programs that enable people to exercise their philanthropy in whatever form and capacity they are able.
We do this in order to provide value adding funding for health, education and research program in healthcare at Mater; advancing the prevention and treatment of disease and improving the quality of life for people across the community.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
The main objective of the role is to develop business reporting primarily through Power BI, with back end data preparation done through SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS). Working towards a self-service model for business users, and work closely with Marketing teams to provide data extracts as required. The role will also support the Data and Reporting Team manage Mater Foundation data assets, including the Extract, Load, Transform process from multiple source systems, the modelling of data. You will achieve this by:
- Creating segmentation models and targeted opportunities through the use of SSIS to transform source system data into insights
- Delivering on ad hoc reporting and analysis requests to various business users, including deep dive analysis into insights using Power BI and T-SQL as required
- Contributing to a data driven culture though the use of data to move MF from descriptive reporting to predictive analytics
- Utilising data from Enterprise Data Warehouse, data lake, cloud platforms, digital analytics, marketing platforms and front-end analysis to build custom reports and dashboards utilising Power BI
- Working with Marketing team to develop data briefs and provide data extracts
- Creating Data visualisation and storytelling to improve campaign performance
- Partnering with the business to promote self-serve reporting and data literacy using Power BI
- Maintaining data models and reporting outputs to ensure ongoing accuracy and reliability of business insights, including peer review and testing
Along with at least 1-3 years’ experience working in analytics and insight and a degree in an appropriate field or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and / or education and training, we will need you to also have the following:
- Hands on experience in Power BI
- Hands on experience with Microsoft BI Stack (SSRS, SSIS)
- Experience with SQL coding and optimisation
- Knowledge of business intelligence/analytics tools and data modelling
- Knowledge of ETL through a wide variety of sources (e.g. APIs, SQL servers, on-premise data gateway)
- Working knowledge of database structure, reporting and analysis software and the collection and extraction of data.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community plus:
An opportunity to work for an iconic Queensland brand
- An opportunity to work with a highly reputable Foundation within the Not for Profit and Healthcare industries that will give you firsthand experience in making a real difference in the wider community
- Professional development, coaching and mentoring opportunities to build your skills
- Competitive salary packaging options
Applications close Friday 28 January 2022.
For further information, please contact Jeremy Montague, Senior Manager Business Reporting & Project Delivery on 07 3163 3808.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.