About the role
Mater Education has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Educator to join our Industry leading Registered training organisation on an initial 12-18 month fixed-term contract. These roles are primarily focused on the delivery and assessment activities related to the Vocational Education and Training in Schools program within the South East Queensland region.
We deliver a world class program to over 400 students through SEQ and we have an energetic team of educators who work together to deliver a high-quality program.
We are looking for people who are passionate about teaching the next generation of health care professionals and desire to make learning fun and engaging.
Salary range: Industry leading remuneration commensurate with experience and qualifications
What you’ll be doing
Our Educators are energetic and enthusiastic and while focused on the Certificate programs connected with the VETIS program, these include:
- Certificate II in Health Support Services
- Certificate III in Health Services Assistance
We deliver training across SEQ from campuses at Caboolture, Toowoomba, Sunnybank, Springfield, Mitchelton and South Brisbane.
You will ideally be in Toowoomba or within comfortable driving range for 2 days per week, have your own vehicle and be available to travel occasionally to Brisbane.
You will have demonstrated success in the VET sector with a minimum of 1-year experience educating in the healthcare areas or a desire to move into vocational education and training. This position may suit you if you have a background as an RN, EN, Medical/Allied health administrator or delivery, Patient care, Paramedic and qualifications in any one or more of the courses we deliver.
This position may suit open to RN’s, EN’s, experience personal care workers or allied health professionals.
Essential qualifications for all educators
- Qualification or certification in relevant industry or equivalent
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE) or ability to complete within 3 months of commencement
- Current Drivers Licence
- Valid Police Check or able to acquire
- Valid Blue Card or able to acquire
Skills & Knowledge
- Online teaching and delivery of programs
- Teaching young people (VETIS program in Qld)
- Advanced organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage and apply key conflict resolution skills in the student environment
- High level interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- High level computer literacy skills
- Enthusiastic individual who is highly knowledgeable in the relevant industry
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our students, patients, consumers and community.
In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is 28/2/22. Please note that applications will be considered and potentially contacted prior to the closing date so do not delay in applying.
For further information specific to the role please contact Jo-Anne Lobb, Program Coordinator on 07 3163 3497.