Job no: 495754
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Mothers’ Hospital is seeking applications from enthusiastic and passionate Registered Midwives to work within our the Inpatient Antenatal and Gynaecology wards MM9 and MM10 . The wards cover a significant range of patients, both public and private. We excel in care of Early Labour and Inductions of Labour including prostin, balloon catheters and cervadil. We care for women with high risk pregnancies, bereaved families and manage births of under 20 weeks on the wards. We receive our own preterm AN women back postnatally, and assist with normal PN overflows from both public and private. M9 is the Maters Gynaecology Ward for non-oncology patients. I think this highlighted part shouldn’t be in there let me know your thoughts
Salary $37.23 - $47.84 (Registered Midwife Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will be responsible for providing private postnatal care with a high volume of normal and complex care cases within the Mater Mothers’ Hospitals.
Your extensive experience and skills you bring to the role will ensure you will adapt easily to requirements of this post-natal ward and make you a valued member of a team that is committed to delivering exceptional midwifery care.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practice within a supportive and professional environment.
The successful candidates will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA with midwifery endorsement (no restrictions)
- Preferably 2 years post graduate experience as a Registered Midwife. Dual degree Registered Nurses highly sought
- Demonstrated high levels of communication (both written and verbal) and clinical problem-solving skills
- Evidence of continuing educational and professional development, preferably post graduate qualifications
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of health care and nursing practice
- Ability to work in a team environment including the larger multidisciplinary team
Why join us?
There has never been a better time to be involved within our dedicated team and have the opportunity to utilise and expand your skills providing care for women.
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is 25 May 2022
*Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend