Registered Nurse Relief
Job no: 495941
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Health Services are searching for a Relief Registered Nurse to join the Central Staffing Office on a permanent basis based at the South Brisbane Campus. This role is being offered on either a 0.8 FTE (32 hours/week) or a 1.0 FTE (38 hours/week) depending on the successful applicant.
Please note this role will require availability to work all shifts types across a 24/7 roster.
Salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 (RN1) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As a Relief Nurse you will work to support the needs of staff within many clinical areas of Mater Hospital Brisbane. You will need to hold a diverse range of experience and skills, and will ideally be ICU and/or BIPAP competent. Flexibility and a willingness to work across various clinical areas is paramount to being successful in this role.
Accordingly, it is expected that the successful applicant will have:
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered Nurse (without restriction)
- Minimum 12 months post graduate nursing experience
- Flexibility to perform in various wards, adaptability to seamlessly integrate into different teams and work under different NUMs
- Commitment to excellence in nursing practice and professional development
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team
- Basic computer skills and proven ability to use health information systems
- Consistent availability to complete shifts at short notice and be available to work across a 24/7 roster including overnights, weekends and public holidays in accordance with the roster.
- Able to travel across all Mater Campuses
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information specific to the role, please contact Annette Coward, Manager Workforce & Patient Access, Central Staffing Office, on 07 3163 2785.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 26 May 2022.
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend