Job no: 495954
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Community Services & Development, Allied Health
About the role
Mater Health has an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker to join the Social Work team in a permanent part-time (30.4 hours per week) capacity.
As a member of the Social Work and Psychology team, you will provide patient centred, evidence based clinical care in Mother’s, Babies and Women’s Social Work services with a particular focus on Refugee families.
The Social Work and Psychology department at Mater Health provides a broad range of public and private acute health services with adults, women’s health, neonatology, children and adolescent services. The Mater Mothers Social Work team provides specialist services to inpatients and outpatients in the areas of Mother’s, Babies and Women.
Salary range: $34.33 - $51.88 (HP3) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Independently undertake routine clinical practice within established clinical protocols to achieve patient focused outcomes
- Apply increasing clinical judgement to more complex cases under clinical practice supervision
- Provide delegation, supervision, training and support to less experienced health practitioners, allied health assistants, students, support staff and volunteers in the delivery of clinical services
- Contribute to the development of clinical practices, procedures and protocols within professional and multidisciplinary teams
- Identify, develop and participate in quality and service improvement activities to continually improve clinical services and patient outcomes
- Actively participate in professional and multidisciplinary teams, and liaise with patients, their families/carers and external agencies to facilitate patient centered care
- Participate in continuing professional development activities to further develop clinical practice and expertise
A degree in social work that provides eligibility for membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Experience in provision of social work services, ideally in a health setting working with refugee Mother’s, Babies and Women and/or with adult complex medical conditions.
- Demonstrated clinical practice and application of clinical judgement in the provision of high quality, evidence based, patient centred care
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work co-operatively with profession and multi-disciplinary teams, patients, and carers to achieve optimal outcomes
- Demonstrated ability or ability to rapidly acquire skills to identify, develop and participate in quality and service improvement activities that improve clinical services and patient outcomes
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for application is 25 May 2022.
*It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend