Physiotherapist Team Leader - Adult Acute and Paediatric Services
Job no: 495957
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater Health is looking for a dedicated and experienced Physiotherapist Team Leader - Adult Acute and Paediatric Services to join them in a permanent full-time role.
The Physiotherapy department at Mater Health provides a broad range of public and private acute health services with adults, women’s health, neonatology, children and adolescent services. The Adult Acute and Paediatric Physiotherapy teams provide specialist care to inpatients and outpatients across the lifespan continuum through a variety of public and private services. The team encompasses 30 Physiotherapists and assistants (18 FTE) who are passionate about delivering evidence based, high-level physiotherapy clinical care across a 24 hours/7 days per week service.
Salary range: $62.72- $65.43 (Health Practitioner Level 5) plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As a member of the Physiotherapy leadership team, you will clinically and operationally lead the Adult Acute and Paediatric Services team. In addition to providing high level clinical services with patients, you will lead the team’s performance and coordinate the delivery of quality, innovative and efficient services through building team cohesion, a learning environment, and coordinating quality improvement and research initiatives aligned to departmental strategy.
Some of your key duties will include (but not limited to):
- Deliver generalist clinical and consultancy services of a complex nature with significant scope across the Adult Acute Physiotherapy service
- Clinically lead and coordinate services across the breadth of Physiotherapy intervention delivered by the Adult Acute and Paediatric Services team
- Drive workforce productivity and planning through the operational and professional management of Adult Acute and Paediatric team services, staff and resources
- Provide direction and clinical supervision to health practitioners, allied health assistants, students, support staff and volunteers in the delivery of Acute and Paediatric clinical services
- Operationally manage financial and staffing resources and day-to-day service delivery of the Adult Acute and Paediatric Services team
- Provide strategic direction to Adult Acute and Paediatric Services team and shape service profile through developing and extending scope of practice, models of care and clinical practices in line with departmental plan
- Take a leadership role in departmental planning and translating organisational and divisional strategy to operational outcomes
The successful applicant will possess:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (or equivalent)
- Current AHPRA registration as a Physiotherapist
- Eligibility to apply for a Medicare provider number
- Post graduate qualifications in Acute care, Leadership or education is desirable
- Demonstrated leadership at state and organisational level
- Demonstrated national linkages (or the ability to rapidly acquire) in the field of Adult Acute Care
- Demonstrated experience in clinically leading, operationally managing and growing a clinical service
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information specific to the role, please contact Michelle Grant, Physiotherapist Director on 07 3163 8317.
To view position description, please click Physiotherapist Team Leader Adult Acute and Paediatric.pdf.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 24 May 2022.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend