The Mater Health Physiotherapy Department has an exciting opportunity for outstanding Physiotherapists to join the Mothers’, Women’s and Pelvic Health (MWPH) team in a full-time OR part-time capacity (24 hours per week) for a fixed-term contract until November 2022, with the opportunity to apply for permanent (up to) full-time positions after.
Mater MWPH Physiotherapists use their extensive knowledge and experience to provide competent evidence-based Physiotherapy clinical services, within a multi-disciplinary team environment. The purpose of the position is to deliver high level Physiotherapy clinical services to an Obstetric and Pelvic Health population. This includes antenatal and postnatal inpatients, obstetric outpatients, exercise classes, group education and pelvic health outpatients.
Salary: $34.33 - $51.88 (Mater Health Practitioners Level 3) per hour plus superannuation
About the position
You will be joining a team of remarkable people who service the physiotherapy needs of four Mater Brisbane Hospitals (Mater Hospital Brisbane, Mater Mothers’ Hospital, Mater Mothers’ Private Brisbane and Mater Children’s Private Brisbane). We also provide outpatient services within the Allied Health Clinic (public outpatients) and Health & Wellness Clinic (private outpatients).
In this position you will be providing daily Physiotherapy clinical services including assessment, diagnosis and management of patients within the Mothers’, Women’s & Pelvic Health team. This work may be completed across the spectrum of Mater services, including public, private, inpatient and outpatient settings. The successful applicant will support service needs including: antenatal education, private antenatal, postnatal and gynaecology inpatients and outpatients. In this role, you will contribute to the sustainability and provision of private physiotherapy services by providing a high level of professional care to ensure the best possible outcomes for our patients.
Please note, this role will involve participation in weekend and evening antenatal education class rosters as required.
To be eligible for this role, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Physiotherapy, as recognised by the Australian Physiotherapy Council
- AHPRA registration
- Availability to participate in after-hours service on weekends, evenings and public holidays
- A demonstrated interest and experience in providing Physiotherapy services within Mothers’, Women’s and Pelvic Health.
- Effective communication skills and ability to work cooperatively and effectively within the multi-professional team to provide quality services.
- Attributes that align with our Department Values including: Being solutions focused, displaying resilience but flexibility, and demonstrating a positive attitude in all encounters.
Further desirable attributes include:
- At least 1 year of clinical physiotherapy experience
- Postgraduate professional development/training and clinical experience in Obstetrics, Women’s and Pelvic Health
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants as they are received so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
*It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater to be and to remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.