Clinical Facilitator - Intensive Care
Job no: 495986
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Education & Training
About the role
This unique opportunity exists for an experienced Clinical Nurse or Registered Nurse to step into a Clinical Facilitator –Intensive Care Department role within the Mater Education Team. This role will enable the successful applicant a unique career development opportunity to enhance educational skills and positively contribute to a culture of exceptional quality care delivered by Mater. This position is offered as a permanent part time position across Intensive Care – Public and Private.
Mater Education is a leader in clinical education and a nationally, accredited, independent, hospital-based Registered Training Organisation, the only one of its kind in Queensland and a subsidiary of the wider Mater Group. We offer a range of courses for beginning practitioners through to highly experienced clinicians. The quality of content we deliver is founded in the synthesis of leading research, evidence-based contemporary education and clinical practice. Our learners have access to interprofessional expertise and content through a range of channels that offer flexibility and value for money. Working as a member of Mater’s Education team, you will collaboratively provide clinical education and support to all members of the multi-disciplinary team across Mater's clinical and non-clinical teams.
As the successful candidate, you will support the Education Coordinator in the delivery of education strategies included in Mater Education’s Strategic and Operational Plans. Additionally, you will promote and implement best practice/evidence-based practice; simulation, promote critical thinking and clinical problem solving; and consistency in care delivery within a practice development and robust education model. To enable this, the position is supported by staff within the broader Practice Development and Mater Education Teams.
Salary: $47.47-$50.86 (Registered Nurse Level 2) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As Clinical Facilitator for the Intensive Care Department, you will be primarily responsible for supporting the professional development of the nursing and medical team and have a commitment to education and to delivering safe, quality, evidence-based patient care. This role entails wide and diverse provision and monitoring of unit-based and organisational objectives to corporate required and role-requisite education, as well as National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards initiatives.
To be successful in the role, you will possess:
- Current and unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Minimum 3 years recent clinical experience working within Intensive care setting
- Simulation experience
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, or willingness to work towards achieving
- Post graduate qualifications in critical or intensive care
- Demonstrated expert current clinical knowledge and ability to effectively share expertise
- Demonstrated experience in clinical facilitation and preceptorship
- High level communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong focus on professional self-development and that of others
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Friday 27 May
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend