Manager Water & Mechanical Services
Job no: 496069
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Trades and Services
About the role
Mater has an exciting opportunity for a Manager Water & Mechanical Services to join the team in a permanent full-time role.
The Manager Water & Mechanical Services will manage and co-ordinate resources to ensure effective and efficient plumbing, fitting, steam and water quality in accordance with industry best practice and relevant legislation by utilising internal and external resources as needed.
Salary: $53.81 (Maintenance Services 7.2.1) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
Role responsibilities include:
- The repairs and maintenance of Mater’s steam, water, medical gasses infrastructure including pumps, boilers, water dosing systems, gas outlets and controls in line with relevant Australian standards, legislation and Mater’s Engineering Services Design Guidelines.
- Manage and supervise small projects as required.
- Manage the training, career planning and development of team members
- occupational health and safety guidelines and principles.
- Co-ordinate workflow processes and hold responsibility for quality of output of the work unit.
- Utilise asset reporting and performance statistics to ensure work is conducted to meet relevant KPIs and address performance gaps as needed
- Ensure compliance with Mater’s Asset Management framework and associated procedures and work instructions by actively reviewing, validating documentation and adjusting internal control effectiveness as needed.
- Participate in the on-call roster as required to ensure provision of a 24 hour maintenance service.
- Collaborate in the development of policies and practice as an advisor and support to Manager Engineering Services.
- Comply with all authorised duties as directed by the Manager Engineering Services
To be successful in your application, you will have:
- Mechanical Services Plumbing or Gas Fitting (desirable)
- QBCC Contractor’s License (desirable)
- Current “C” Class Motor Driver’s Licence
- 5 years management experience and minimum of 15 years hands-on trade experience
- Health Industry Experience (desirable)
- Strong people management skills (collaborative and constructive leadership) (desirable)
- Experience running a trade workshop (desirable)
- Strong project management and organisational skills (desirable)
- Strong computer literacy and maintenance systems (Pulse / BEIMS)
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt to diverse environments and manage multiple priorities
- A strong drive for continuous improvement
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options were suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
For further information specific to the position, please contact Arthur Vlahogenis, Manager Engineering Services, on 07 3163 1017
*Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend