Enrolled Nurse - Oncology
Job no: 496189
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Enrolled Nurse
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane currently has an opportunity available for an experienced and motivated Enrolled Nurses to join the Oncology/Haematology/Palliative Care ward team on a permanent part-time basis (64 hours per fortnight). This role is available for an immediate start.
Our Oncology service provides specialist care to Oncology/Haematology/Palliative Care patients, their families and visitors. This team of professionals work together as a unit, going above and beyond to continue to provide an exceptional level of care and deliver the highest level of clinical standards for the unit.
Salary range: $31.42 - $33.46 (Enrolled Nurse) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
You will become an integral part of the team that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of those you care for, while making a positive contribution to the overall standard of care delivered by the unit. You will join a team of highly skilled multidisciplinary professionals, and your enthusiasm and dedication for nursing will be highly valued within a supportive and professional environment.
Reporting to the Nurse Unit Manager, our Enrolled Nurses make up a vital and respected part of the nursing team at Mater.
- Utilising a structured approach carry out comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments of patients
- Within scope of practice, implements planned evidence based nursing interventions
- Act as a patient advocate ensuring patients are informed and consent is gained prior to procedures
- Contribute to the maintenance of an environment which promotes safety, security and personal integrity of individual patients and groups
- Complies with organisational policies, procedures, work instructions and guidelines
- Ensure confidentiality of corporate and patient information
While providing you the ability to work at the top of your scope, you will be supported by an experienced and knowledgeable nursing team to assist you in being exceptional every time.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as an Enrolled Nurse (no restrictions)
- Demonstrated experience in oncology or haematology
- High level skills in problem-solving, communication, coordination and time management
- The ability to contribute effectively and efficiently within a busy, multidisciplinary team environment
Closing date for applications is Sunday 21st of August 2022
It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 31 October 2021. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre commencement requirement.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend