Registered Nurse - Oncology
Job no: 496190
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane has permanent opportunities for an exceptional Registered Nurses to join the team within the Oncology ward.
Our Oncology service provides specialist care to oncology, hematology and palliative care patients, their families and visitors. This team of professionals work together as a unit, going above and beyond to continue to provide an exceptional level of care and deliver the highest level of clinical standards for the unit.
Salary range: $37.23-$47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation & salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
You will become an integral part of the team that is passionate about making a difference in the lives of those you care for, while making a positive contribution to the overall standard of care delivered by the unit. You will join a team of highly skilled multidisciplinary professionals, and your enthusiasm and dedication for nursing will be highly valued within a supportive and professional environment.
Whilst maintaining the highest level of clinical standards for the unit you will be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout their disease trajectory
- Demonstrating clinical expertise and knowledge of chemotherapy and targeted therapy administration, central venous line management, and the management of patients undergoing stem cell transplantation
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision
- Maintaining current knowledge and skills to ensure continued professional growth
- Supporting the Nurse Manager in the review of service provided
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- 2+ years of experience in oncology nursing
- Considerable demonstrated experience in an acute oncology setting
- High level skills in problem-solving, communication, coordination and time management
- The ability to contribute effectively and efficiently within a busy, multidisciplinary team environment
While not essential, applicants who currently have or are studying towards a tertiary qualification within this clinical specialty would be highly regarded.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options were suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend