Advanced Physiotherapist - Cardio & Critical Care
Job no: 496230
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Allied Health
About the role
Mater Health are currently seeking an experienced and highly motivated Advanced Physiotherapist within the Adult Cardiorespiratory and Critical Care team. This is a permanent full-time position based at South Brisbane.
The Physiotherapy department at Mater Health provides a broad range of public and private acute health services with adults, women’s health, neonatology, children and adolescent services. The Acute and Paediatric Physiotherapy teams provide specialist services to inpatients and outpatients across the lifespan continuum through a variety of public and private services.
The team encompasses 30 Physiotherapists and assistants (18 FTE) who are passionate about delivering evidence based, high-level physiotherapy clinical care across a 24 hours/7 days per week service.
Please note, this role will involve weekend and on-call rosters as required.
Salary range: $62.72-$65.43 (HP Level 5) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you'll be doing
As an advanced clinician in the Acute and Paediatric Services team, you will lead or independently provide clinical services of a complex or specialist nature within an adult cardiorespiratory and critical care setting.
Some of your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Lead and provide independent specialist clinical services in adult cardiorespiratory and critical care
- Utilise specialist knowledge, advanced clinical judgement and extended scope techniques to manage complex clinical presentations
- Provide authorative counsel as a recognised specialist in adult cardiorespiratory and critical care
- Direct, delegate to, and provide clinical supervision to health practitioners, allied health assistants, students, support staff and volunteers in the delivery of adult cardiorespiratory and critical care clinical services
- Contribute to the operational management of the team’s workload, work flows and caseload prioritisation
- Shape service delivery and service development by initiating, reviewing and developing clinical policy, practices and procedures
- Take a leadership role in departmental planning and assist in designing the growth and sustainability of adult cardiorespiratory and critical care services
- Provide clinical leadership/mentorship to support colleagues to further their clinical skills and knowledge, extend their scope of practice and translate learning into practice
Along with advanced adult cardiorespiratory and critical care experience, knowledge and expertise, the successful applicant will possess:
- A tertiary degree (or equivalent) qualification in Physiotherapy as recognised by the Australian Physiotherapy Council
- Current full registration as a Physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) & Physiotherapy Board of Australia.
- Post graduate qualifications in cardiorespiratory physiotherapy or education (highly desirable)
- Demonstrated leadership of clinical services and/or teams to operationalise departmental planning and support patient centred, evidenced based care
- Demonstrated experience in leading change through in the development of quality improvement initiatives and innovative models of care
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work cohesively within the multidisciplinary team and provide patient centred care.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements, allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close Sunday 3 July 2022.
For queries around the position, please contact Jennifer Murphy, Adult Acute and Paediatric Services Team Leader, on 07 3163 8797.
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend