About the role
The Mater Young Adult Health Centre Brisbane (MYAHC) has some exciting opportunities for experienced and enthusiastic Registered Nurse’s to join the team. These positions, based at our South Brisbane campus will be offered on the following basis:
1 x Part-Time (0.6), Permanent ongoing
1 x Part-Time (0.6), Fixed Term until May 2023
1 x Part-Time (0.9), Fixed Term until January 2023
MYAHC offers a specialised healthcare environment for patients predominately aged 16-25 and their families. Featuring innovative service models focused on the primary condition as well as the associated impacts on adolescent social, emotional, and educational development, the service will help patients and their families through transition from paediatric healthcare services into care during the young adult period and subsequent transition to adult services. At all times, the focus will be on providing a complete care package to meet the emotional and physical healthcare needs of the patient.
*Please note MYAHCB is currently operating as a Covid-19 ward temporarily. To be considered you must have the capability to work with Covid positive patients, under full PPE and have a good understanding of infection control. The ward may revert to MYAHC at any time. General Medical and respiratory experience highly regarded. *
Salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation + salary packaging up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
As a MYAHCB Registered Nurse you will be responsible for following and supporting the Nurse Manager and Clinical Nurses in providing exceptional nursing functions within the service. You will also be required to participate in your own personal development and contribute to activities aimed at improving patient care outcomes within MYAHCB.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit, you will also be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care,
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care,
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision.
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic team of passionate nurses.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions),
- Minimum 2 years postgraduate experience,
- An understanding of Young Adults and their healthcare needs,
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment,
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of the multidisciplinary team,
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills,
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
• Increase take-home pay via Salary Packaging
• Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
• Access to leading education through Mater Education
• Flexible working arrangements & work from home options for suitable roles
• Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care team
• Discounts at local and national businesses on dining, retail, travel, and accommodation
• Access to on-site, discounted parking
•Discounted food and beverages at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Thursday 18 August 2022
To learn more about our Mater Young Adult Health Centre please click the link below: https://www.mater.org.au/health/services/mater-young-adult-health-centre
*It is a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.