Registered Nurse - Pre-Admission Team
Job no: 496442
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Hospital Brisbane is seeking an experienced, motivated, and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our Ambulatory and Outpatient preadmission team in a part time basis working 40 hours per fortnight. This position is being offered on a fixed-term contract until January 2023.
The Preadmission Team offers exceptional individualised care and is committed to enhancing the patient experience by providing education, information and support that is evidence based to facilitate safe and timely preparation of elective surgery patients with a focus of patient centered care.
Salary Range: $37.23 - 47.84 per hour (RN 1) plus super + salary packaging access up to $15,900
What you’ll be doing
This role will see you demonstrate your commitment to providing quality clinical care. The pre-admission nurse ensures that pre-operative patients receive a comprehensive assessment, education and appropriate referrals are in place to optimise the surgical pathway. The clinic has a strong commitment to the Mater mission and values with staff striving to offer a compassionate service to patients and their families, to show sensitivity regarding privacy, flexibility when considering patients individual needs, and to promote a helpful environment in which the multidisciplinary team works effectively.
To be considered suitable for this role you must have:
- Current AHPRA registration (no restrictions) with 2+ years’ experience in a surgical nursing environment
- Previous endoscopy experience is advantageous
- Clinical competency and the ability to maintain the highest standards of nursing practice
- Excellent knowledge and assessment skills in surgical nursing
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- High level communication skills when liaising with patients, families and staff within professional, legal and ethical parameters
- Exceptional time management
- High level competence in using electronic information systems such as patient information systems, procedural booking system, Outlook and Microsoft Excel
- An existing understanding or ability to acquire knowledge in applying Elective Surgery Waitlist governance and business rules
Previous experience working within a pre-admission environment will also be advantageous.
The successful candidate will be hard working, enthusiastic and able to show initiative. You will be approachable with a mature and confident attitude and have the ability to work and achieve results independently.
Why join us
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 18 August 2022
*It is a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend