Research Nurse - Medical Oncology
Job no: 496453
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing, Registered Nurse/Midwife, Research
About the role
Mater Research has a fantastic opportunity for a Research Nurse – Medical Oncology to work within Mater Cancer Care Centre (MCCC) to ensure the high quality and efficiency of Mater Clinical Research output. This role is being offered on a full-time, fixed term contract for 12 months (with a high chance of extension).
MCCC offers a modern state-of-the-art facility that provides individually personalised, comprehensive and compassionate care. The centre includes specialist suites, consultation rooms, cancer care treatment pods, palliative care, support programs and a specialised pharmacy, enabling a holistic approach to cancer care all from the one convenient location.
Salary range: $96,950 - $108,861 (MRI Admin Level 8) per annum plus superannuation plus salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible to ensure timeliness of the scheduling of clinical research procedures required by research protocols. Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the care of Medical Oncology clinical trial patients
- Clinical application of trial related activities
- Implementation and day to day management of research projects
- Identification of barriers to adequate study recruitment
- Assisting in the development of data collection systems and organise and manage data collection
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the clinical trial patient and their care givers
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with Principal Investigators and Co Investigators to ensure effective and timely implementation of clinical research
- Maintaining required trial progress reports, any protocol amendments and trial reports
- Other relevant duties as required
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Relevant and current qualification (within 2 years) related to Medical Oncology Nursing highly advantageous
- Ability to conduct clinical research to ensure consistency and adherence to Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Chemotherapy, Central Venous Access Device, venepuncture competencies
- Demonstrate an understanding and commitment to the NHMRC National Statement on Ethical conduct in research involving humans
- High level of communication skills with the ability to liaise with a variety of different stakeholders both internally and externally at various levels
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 17 August 2022.
For further information, please contact Julie Cichero, Acting Clinical Trial Unit Manager, Mater Research on 07 3163 2589.
Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend