Financial Accounting Supervisor
Job no: 496477
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Group is currently seeking an experienced Financial Accounting Supervisor to join our Group Finance team on a permanent full-time basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to bring your knowledge and expertise into a high functioning, multi skilled team. Reporting to the Manager Financial Accounting, you will have two direct reports but work within a larger collaborative and driven team.
Salary range: Commensurate with experience plus super plus salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
This role will see you responsible for a finance team overseeing the capital and projects shared service function across multiple legal entities while adhering to a compliance framework aligned with the Australian Accounting Standards, Mater policy and procedures, internal controls and audit requirements.
- Accountable for the delivery of a financial shared services capital and project accounting function across all Mater entities
- Provide leadership, direction and coaching to ensure staff have the skills and knowledge to effectively achieve business objectives and meet deliverables
- Accountable for the maintenance of the fixed assets subledger
- Accountable for the maintenance of the project accounting subledger
- Manage all end of month close activities in relation to capital and projects
- Manage the preparation of accurate and timely monthly reconciliations
- Contribute to the completion of the financial statements with respect to capital and project related disclosures
- Manage assets including rolling asset stocktake and valuation programs, annual review of asset useful lives, residual values and impairment
- Perform financial analysis and provide accounting advice where required
- Assist in the delivery of new systems, process improvements and integration where required.
- Undertake other accounting responsibilities as required.
- Support the leadership of the Manager Financial Accounting
To be successful, you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting/Commerce/Business.
- CA (Chartered Accountant) or CPA (Certified Practicing Accountant) qualification or equivalent.
- Recent proven experience in a similar accounting role in a large organisation
- Recent proven experience with asset management
- Experience in leading and motivating a team
- Knowledge and understanding of contemporary and evolving accounting practice including relevant accounting standards and related legislation
- Demonstrated capacity to consistently deliver a high level of customer service and to develop and maintain ongoing relationships with internal and external customers
- Ability to delegate, manage change in a positive manner, manage projects, set goals, meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Monday 15 August 2022.
For further information, please contact Maddie Swain, Talent Acquisition Specialist via Maddie.Swain@mater.org.au.
*Please note we will be reviewing and may contact applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible and we will not be engaging with recruitment agencies for this position.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend