Cancer Care Coordinator
Job no: 496484
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
About the role
Mater Cancer Care Centre (MCCC) is currently seeking a Cancer Care Coordinator for Medical Oncology to join the team in a permanent full-time capacity.
MCCC aims to offer all patients, regardless of their level of health insurance cover, access to a modern state-of-the-art facility that provides comprehensive and compassionate care that is individually personalised. The centre includes specialist suites, cancer care treatment pods, palliative care, allied health care, support programs and a specialised pharmacy.
Salary range: $55.35 - $62.14 (RN Level 3) per hour plus superannuation & Salary packaging.
What you’ll be doing
As the Cancer Care Coordinator within the MCCC, you will be directly responsible for the supervision and coordination of the patient’s cancer journey receiving care at MCCC and during their inpatient admissions. Engaging directly with the patient to assist in planning and navigating their treatment pathways, coordinating supportive care, nursing support, referral to required services and planning patient centred care.
The Cancer Care Coordinator is the focal touch point for Mater Medical Oncology patients during their treatment and is responsible for the coordination of support services to see patients safely through treatment. You will use your clinical expertise to undertake comprehensive holistic assessments to identify clinical and supportive care needs, and patients at risk of adverse clinical and psychosocial outcomes. You will be responsible for prompt referral to specialist, allied health and support services, facilitating continuity of care across healthcare settings and timely and consistent education and information to patients and their families.
The successful applicant will have:
- Current AHPRA Registered Nurse registration,
- Advanced specialist knowledge, experience, and clinical skills in Cancer Care supported by post-graduate studies in Cancer Nursing,
- Minimum of 5 years clinical experience in Cancer Nursing,
- Advanced critical thinking and reasoning, problem solving and communication skills,
- Advanced understanding of the clinical and psychosocial care needs of Cancer patients and their families
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options were suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Application closing date: Sunday 21st of August 2022.
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend