Cleaner - Guest Services Assistant
Job no: 496489
Work type: Casual
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: All other
About the Role
Mater is currently seeking professional, motivated applicants to join our Guest Services Team as a Cleaner in an ongoing casual capacity based at South Brisbane.
Providing the highest standards of service & attention to detail for our patients and service partners coupled with a strong work ethic, our fast-paced roles will be best suited to candidates who are enthusiastic and experienced team players with a strong focus on time management that are able to prioritize tasks and enjoy work which is diverse. These roles will require applicants to be physically fit and active as you will be on your feet all day utilizing a variety of cleaning materials and equipment throughout the hospital.
Please note it is essential that the successful candidates have availability to work between the hours of 7:00am and 10:00pm, Monday - Friday .
Salary Range: $26.54 - $28.79 (Private Support Services) (+23% casual loading and penalty rates) per hour plus superannuation + salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As a Guest Services Assistant (Cleaner) you will be responsible for performing tasks as scheduled throughout a rostered shift in various areas of the hospital including but not limited to:
- Operating handheld powered equipment such as vacuum cleaners, polishers, carpet spotters, blowers, and scrubbers
- Infection control compliance, including environmental cleaning, hand hygiene and appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Handling and disposing of clinical and other waste
- Providing operational support of the team across campus or in general areas of the hospital learning each component of service to ensure the most efficient service.
- Developing professional customer relationships (internal and external) and always striving to maintain a friendly and cheerful demeanour at all times whilst on shift to support our patients.
- Perform other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Guest Services Team.
- Respond quickly and positively to changing requirements whether within the department or outside in order to meet business demands.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience working in cleaning or housekeeping position - applicants with housekeeping experience within a three – five-star hotel will be highly regarded
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of workplace health and safety requirements
- Moderate level of physical fitness to enable you to work on your feet all shift, performing environmental cleaning duties including operating and moving cleaning equipment
- Reliable, friendly and a collaborative team player
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers, and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts at local and national business and venues for dining, retail, travel and accommodation
- Access to discounted on-site parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
The closing date for applications is Sunday 21 August 2022
*It is a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend