Registered Nurse - Endoscopy
Job no: 496500
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Private Hospital Springfield has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated Endoscopy Nurse (Enrolled or Registered) to work within their Endoscopy unit on a permanent, full time/part time basis. This unit performs a variety of endoscopic procedures, including gastroscopy.
Mater's newest facility, Mater Private Hospital Springfield, opened its doors to the people of Greater Springfield in 2015. With 80 private beds as well as a day surgery unit, the hospital provides the local community with access to innovative, world-class healthcare facilities including four digitally integrated operating theatres and a state-of-the-art cancer care centre.
What you’ll be doing
As a Registered/Enrolled Nurse, your role will involve (but is not limited to):
- Providing quality care to patients undergoing Endoscopy
- Includes pre/intra and post procedure care.
- Working within a multidisciplinary team and collaborating with other health professionals in the delivery of health care including preparing patients for discharge
- Working to ensure continuous quality improvement and abiding by risk management guidelines
You will be part of a team of professionals who take pride in providing the highest levels of patient care. The team is supportive, approachable and patient focused and provides excellent training and development opportunities.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Previous Endoscopy experience
- Current AHPRA registration as a Registered/Enrolled Nurse (no restrictions)
- Excellent communication, problem solving and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated awareness of and involvement in quality and risk management activities
You will have a strong patient-service focus, demonstrated commitment to continued service improvement, willingness to facilitate and encourage cohesive, positive professional relationships and be required to demonstrate problem-solving skills to improve our patient’s care outcomes relevant to the Endoscopy Unit.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
For further information regarding the role please contact Tilana Van Deventer, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 3163 5435
Closing date for applications is Friday 19th of August 2022
**It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please note proof of vaccination (MyGov Medicare Vaccination Certificate or Medical Certificate) will be required as a pre-commencement document.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend