Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit - Mater Private Hospital Brisbane
Job no: 496511
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
The Mater Private Hospital Brisbane has an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic and experienced ICU Registered Nurses to join the Intensive Care Unit. These roles are being offered on either a temporary or permanent basis between 30-38 hours per week(negotiable), depending on the successful applicants.
The Mater Intensive Care Units are an integrated public and private critical care service with future opportunities to work across two intensive care units. We have a friendly and skilled team that excels in caring for a variety of patient groups including complex surgical patients, life-threatening medical conditions, and critically ill oncology/haematology patients. Opportunities exist to expand experience caring for critically ill obstetric patients, and neurosurgical and neurological conditions.
Salary range: $37.23 - $47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation and salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
As a Registered Nurse in ICU, you will have a strong patient-service focus, demonstrated commitment to continued service improvement, willingness to facilitate and encourage cohesive, positive professional relationships and be required to demonstrate problem-solving skills to improve patient care outcomes relevant to the ward.
You will work closely with the nursing team of CNs, RNs and AINs to seamlessly integrate to this friendly and professional team. This challenging and rewarding position will utilise your abilities and see you become a valued member of the team.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- AHPRA Registration as a Registered Nurse
- Previous experience working as a Registered Nurse within an ICU
- Completed or committed to completing an ICU Transition Support Program if no current qualification
- Availability to work a flexible roster consisting of 12-hour shifts, 50% day/night split
- A Graduate Certificate in Intensive Care Nursing would be highly favourable
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Applications close on Monday 22nd August 2022.
For further information, please contact Kim Briskey (NUM Mater Private Hospital ICU) on 07 3163 1075
*Please note we will be reviewing and contacting applicants prior to closing date so please ensure you submit your application as soon as possible.
**Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend