Job no: 496733
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Information Technology
About the role
Mater’s Digital Technology and Information Division is on the search for a Project Manager to fit in with the Digital Building Systems stream and work across construction related ICT projects in our hospitals throughout Queensland. You will coordinate the work required to ensure successful delivery of the ICT component of these small, medium and large sized projects.
Due to a healthy pipeline of work, this is a Permanent and Full-Time position which will involve the management of ICT capability for the Theatre and CSSD refurbishment at our Bundaberg hospital and a Maternity Wing and Renal refurbishment in Townsville.
This position will be based in our corporate office in Newstead in a hybrid working environment with a small amount of travel to our other hospitals as required throughout the projects.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
What you’ll be doing
Typical tasks for this role include;
- Coordinate the delivery of ICT projects across Mater Group addressing challenges associated with specific components as well as addressing specific/tailored needs and requirements
- Design and develop components of the work to be delivered, including but not limited to communications and promotional material, impact assessments and mitigation strategies
- Drive a fit for purpose change management strategy
- Provide advice to the Steering Committee on all aspects of the project
- Prepare regular progress reports and supporting documents as required for the Steering Committee
- Promote the project goals and manage communications
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage escalated risks in collaboration with the project sponsors to within agreed tolerances, escalate and report any project risks in a timely manner
- Analyse business data to inform strategic decisions, respond to issues and trends, and maintain and reports on key metrics
- Recognise and addresses inefficiencies in service provision, and continuously improve business processes
- Actively manage project budget and resource assets
- Contribute to strategic decision-making and identify strategic and operational opportunities
- Identify, report, respond to and rectify workplace health and safety (WHS) concerns from within own reporting structure
Ideally, we are searching for someone who can/has;
- Project management experience within a hospital setting
- Certificate or Diploma in Project Management
- Prince2 Certification
- ICT experience within a building construction environment
- Team player who loves working within a dynamic and complex organisation
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Flexible working arrangements, including work from home options where suitable
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
- Access to gym, pool and end of trip facilities within our new purpose-built corporate office in Newstead
Please Note: We will not require any support from Recruitment Agencies at this time and kindly request no contact is made. Only direct applications will be considered.
It is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend