Job no: 496735
Work type: Permanent
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
Mater Mother’s Hospital is seeking enthusiastic and passionate Registered Midwife to work within our Public Postnatal Unit. This role is a full time Permanent.
Mater Mothers' Hospital is a leader in the provision of high-quality maternity and newborn services for the people of Queensland. Providing exceptional care and support of women and their families, Mater Mothers' Hospitals offer integrated services covering obstetrics, gynaecology, neonatology, and maternal fetal medicine.
We have recently implemented an exciting new model of care on the public postnatal floors to care for our high risk mums and babies. With this new initiative has come the additional benefit of increased resources over 24 hours a day. This additional resource enhances our already exceptional Nursing and Midwifery team including the Multidisciplinary team providing exceptional care for our postnatal women.
Salary $37.23 - $47.84 (RN1) per hour plus superannuation + Access up to $15,900 salary packaging.
What you’ll be doing
In this role you will be responsible for providing public postnatal care with a high volume of normal and complex care cases within the Mater Mothers’ Hospitals.
Your experience and skills you bring to the role will ensure you will adapt easily to requirements of this post-natal ward and make you a valued member of a team that is committed to delivering exceptional midwifery care.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a highly skilled and professional multi-disciplinary team, utilising your enthusiasm and midwifery passion for the delivery of best practice within a supportive and professional environment.
The successful candidates will have:
- Current registration with AHPRA with midwifery endorsement
- Completed a Midwifery Graduate Program
- Demonstrated high levels of communication (both written and verbal) and clinical problem-solving skills
- Evidence of continuing educational and professional development, preferably post graduate qualifications
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of health care and nursing practice
- Ability to work in a team environment including the larger multidisciplinary team.
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Please contact Hannah Gaj, Nurse Unit Manager on 07 3163 8030.
*It is a requirement of this role that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend