Research Nurse - Hepatology and Haematology
Job no: 496814
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: South Brisbane
Categories: Clinical nursing, Registered Nurse/Midwife, Research
About the role
Mater Research has a fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Trials Research Nurse to provide high quality research nursing support for clinical trials, primarily in Hepatology and Haematology. This position is being offered on a 12-month contract, full-time OR part-time hours offered with no weekend or on-call work!
Mater Research (MR) is a world-class institute that is committed to conduct, enable and translate clinically relevant health research. With more than 300 laboratory and clinical researchers working across Mater's hospitals and the world-class Translational Research Institute (TRI), Mater Research is committed to working closely with Mater Health, Mater Education and our growing network of partners to turn scientific discovery into the best possible treatment, care, and outcomes for patients and our broader community.
Salary range: $85,535 - $93,553 (MRI Admin Level 7) per annum plus superannuation plus salary packaging
What you’ll be doing
The Research Nurse will provide nursing support for research participants at study visits including performing assessments, administering investigational therapies, handling of biospecimens, performing data entry and quality assurance, and assist with clinical trial coordination, including scheduling clinic appointments and trial logistics, and assisting with human research ethics and research governance submissions.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions)
- Current Good Clinical Practice (GCP) certificate (desirable)
- IATA certification for biospecimen handling (desirable)
- Venipuncture/cannulation competence (desirable)
- Nursing experience in Haematology, Hepatology, Oncology, General Medicine or other relevant clinical discipline
- Clinical research experience (desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and an ability to consistently meet deadlines and commitments.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills necessary for negotiating and liaising effectively with a diverse range of staff, patients and other stakeholders.
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values
Why join us?
Joining a 10,000+ strong workforce, you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education, Research and Foundation, and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community. You will be a part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy.
- Via salary packaging arrangements allocate some living expenses directly from your pre-taxable income and ultimately increasing take-home pay
- Access to package meal and entertainment expenses
- Access to leading education via Mater Education
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program and on-site pastoral care teams
- Discounts to local and national business and venues for Dining/Retail/Travel & Accommodation and Other
- Access to on-site, discounted parking
- Discounted food and beverage at various campus cafés and coffee venues
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 19 October 2022.
To view the Position Description, please click here – Clinical Trials Research Nurse - Hepatology and Haematology - PD - Sept2022.pdf
Please note it is now a mandatory requirement of employment at the Mater that you are and remain fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend