Registered Nurse/Midwife | Rockhampton
Job no: 496924
Work type: Permanent
Categories: Registered Nurse/Midwife
About the role
The Midwife position provides family-centred midwifery care in collaboration with other health professionals and significant others to ensure safe, efficient and effective patient management within the Women's Unit.
Full-time, part-time or casual applications are welcome.
The base salary range for these positions is:
- permanent - $38.16 - $49.04 per hour per hour (+ 25% for casuals)
The appropriate salary will depend on the period of relevant prior experience and are exclusive of allowances, penalties and superannuation.
What you'll be doing
- Provide high-quality patient care by applying nursing and midwifery clinical skills and contemporary knowledge to support optimal care outcomes through care coordination, collaboration and communication within the scope of professional competence;
- Partner with patients and their support persons throughout the pregnancy and birth continuum to provide woman-centred maternity care about personal and cultural needs and preferences;
- Undertake comprehensive ante and post-natal assessment(s) and develop or revise care plans that are inclusive of the patient's physical, psychological, cultural and spiritual needs and expectations for her pregnancy-childbirth continuum and expected clinical outcomes;
- Determine and monitor maternal and fetal well-being throughout hospitalisation and communicate effectively with other health professionals to ensure safe and high standards of care;
- Acknowledge and support the effectiveness of the multidisciplinary team and diverse care environment by delegating tasks to team members commensurate with their scope of professional expertise and practice;
- Extend adherence to the delivery and documentation of care to include applicable Mater frameworks, policies, procedures and forms;
- Undertake comprehensive discharge planning to ensure patients and their support persons, where applicable and appropriate, are provided with adequate support through the provision of education, resources and proper community services access; and
- Act as a mentor for colleagues and nursing/midwifery students within the team where appropriate, depending on their level of expertise permits.
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following criteria:
- Current dual registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency as a Midwife only or, and Registered Nurse is essential;
- A commitment to adhere to the Mater immunisation requirements, which includes having a least one dose of COVID-19 vaccination before commencement with an established pathway to receive the second;
- Currency of neonatal resuscitation;
- Currency of K2 Perinatal Training through an approved provider;
- Other postgraduate qualifications in relevant nursing and midwifery speciality or working towards (e.g. lactation consultant);
- Minimum of one year of postgraduate experience, including in birth suites;
- Sponsorship available
Why join us?
In return for your skills, you will work with a passionate, driven team that provides high-quality patient care. Work hours are flexible to operational requirements. We are a family-friendly employer and consider the needs of our employees. Additional benefits include:
- Great variety of nursing delegations
- Supportive environment
- Salary packaging up to $15,900
- Education and training opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted gym membership and other leisure/lifestyle centres
- Work/life balance, variety, and flexibility
Introductions from Agencies are welcome but must be directed to Employment-CQ@mater.org.au
Need to relocate? Email Employment-CQ@mater.org.au to request a call to discuss what options may be available to you.
- Stated referees may be contacted throughout the short-listing process.
- Successful candidates are responsible for their relocation expenses.
This vacancy shall remain open until filled.
"We are an equal opportunity employer."
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend